Sunday, February 14, 2021

Cambridge Portfolio Blog Post #2

     Over this last day, I have been pondering about what type of genre I should pick to make my movie scene. So far I have cut it down to either a mystery, adventure, or comedy film. With these three different types of films, however, I may encounter different types of challenges. It may be difficult to make a comedy film because I must ensure that the dialogue is funny and that it all makes sense. For an adventure film, it may prove difficult to find proper locations that are suitable for an adventure film. Considering I don't have a car, it may be difficult to constantly need to go to a location that could potentially be quite distant. For the mystery film, it may be difficult to keep the audience intrigued and ensure that the story makes sense while keeping the mystery going.

    To further help me in choosing the type of genre I would like to do, I also began thinking about the target audience. Considering I am a teenager, I want to ensure that people of my age are included in the target audience as I feel like I know this part of life the best and can please an audience of my age. This would help me when making a comedy film because I could make jokes and dialogue which would most likely be funny to teenagers. Overall, I think I would like the target audience to be from the teenage years to the mid-'20s. This is a target audience that I feel comfortable making a piece for and it helps in choosing which genre I would like to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Portfolio Blog Post #25

 This is my creative critical reflection for my opening scene, "The Amulet Path". This finally marks the end of the Cambridge Port...